Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Love of My Life!

Photobucket
Saturday is Valentine’s Day! This year marks my 27th Valentine’s Day with the same Love. Sometimes I wonder why he stuck around, and then I remember… he loves me.

Some people just know how to slow down or sped up to connect with those they love. My father and father-in-law were like that, and my husband is too. To be what the people we love need us to be isn’t always easy and certainly not self-serving, but the rewards are peace, contentment, and love. It is said, the love we give away comes back to us multiplied. I believe this is true. I’ve witnessed it at a distance and first hand.

To be the person those I love need me to be is always in my thoughts, on my goal list, and sometimes played out. It takes some effort to forget my concerns and listen to their souls, but when I do, a coolness trickles through my blood and brings life to my living. And all is right with the world.

This lesson I have learned from men. How blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment